48 | English
1 609 929 T49 | (19.11.09) Bosch Power Tools
General Sawing Instructions
f For all cuts, it must first be ensured that the
saw blade at no time can come in contact
with the stops or other machine parts.
Protect the saw blade against impact and shock.
Do not subject the saw blade to lateral pressure.
The riving knife must be in alignment with the
saw blade to avoid jamming of the workpiece.
Do not saw warped/bent workpieces. The work-
piece must always have a straight edge to face
against the parallel guide.
Always keep/store the hold-down stick with the
Do not use the power tool for joining, grooving
or cutting slots.
Marking the Cutting Line
– Mark the saw blade width on the round yel-
low sticker 7.
This allows for exact positioning of the work-
piece for sawing, without having to open the
Position of the Operator (see figure H)
f Do not stand in a line with the saw blade in
front of the machine. Always stand aside of
the saw blade. This protects your body
against possible kickback.
– Keep hands, fingers and arms away from the
rotating saw blade.
Observe the following instructions:
– Hold the workpiece securely with both hands
and press it firmly against the saw table, ex-
pecially when working without the guide.
(see figure I)
– When sawing narrow workpieces and bevel
angles, always use the supplied hold-down
stick 22 and the auxiliary parallel guide 18.
(see figure J)
Maximum Workpiece Dimensions
Sawing Straight Cuts
– Adjust the parallel guide 8 to the requested
cutting width (see “Adjusting the Parallel
Fences”, page 47)
– Position the workpiece on the saw table in
front of the protection guard 6.
– Raise or lower the saw blade with the hand-
wheel 12 so that the upper saw teeth project
approx. 5 mm above the workpiece surface.
Note: Take care that the blade guard is properly
positioned. When sawing, it must always face
against the workpiece.
– Switch on the machine.
– Saw through the workpiece applying uniform
– Switch off the machine and wait until the
saw blade has come to a complete stop.
Sawing Bevel Angles
– Adjust the requested bevel angle. (see “Ad-
justing Vertical Bevel Angles”, page 46)
– Follow the worksteps in section “Sawing
Straight Cuts” accordingly.
Adjust the clearance between saw blade and
auxiliary parallel fence at the angle stop
(see figure f2)
The clearance between saw blade and auxiliary
parallel fence may not exceed 15 mm (max.).
– When the auxiliary parallel fence 18 is behind
the cutting line, loosen both screws of fas-
tening kit 45.
– Move the auxiliary parallel fence and tighten
the screws again.
Vertical bevel angle Max. workpiece
OBJ_BUCH-783-003.book Page 48 Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:24 PM