To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose the unit to
rain or moisture.
Dangerously high voltages are present inside the set. Do
not open the cabinet. Refer servicing to qualified
All TVs operate on extremely high voltages. To prevent
fire or electric shock, please follow the safety procedures
below. For your protection, refer all servicing to qualified
For general safety:
• Do not expose the TV to rain or moisture.
• Do not open the rear cover.
For safe operations:
• Do not operate the TV on any other voltages, but 220–
240 V AC.
• Do not operate the TV if any liquid or solid object falls in it
- have it checked immediately.
• Do not keep the set plugged in if you are not going to use
it for several days.
• Do not pull on the power cord to disconnect the TV. Pull it
out by the plug.
• Do not place anything on the surface of the front panel
cover when you open it.
Cleaning the Screen
• To remove dust from the front of the screen, unplug the TV
and wipe gently with a soft cloth lightly dampened with
water or a mild detergent solution, using vertical strokes
only. Then wipe it with a dry, soft cloth. Never use solvents
or thinners for cleaning purposes.
• To clean the screen with a cloth, please use a soft cloth
lightly moistened with a mild detergent solution or water.
Do not use any type of abrasive pad, alkaline cleaner,
scouring powder or solvent, such as alcohol or benzine, or
As a safety precaution, unplug the TV before cleaning it.
• Do not rub, touch, or tap the surface of the screen with
sharp or abrasive items, like a ball point pen or a screw
driver. Otherwise, this type of contact may result in a
Please read the following information on using and
maintaining the TV, for optimum viewing quality.
• Poor colour registration (the red, green and blue signals
do not overlap properly) may be caused by the influence
of the earth’s magnetism. Correct this with the
• Avoid touching the screen, and take care not to scratch
the surface with hard objects.
• Displaying a still picture for long periods of time, for
instance, when operating a video game or personal
computer and viewing a programme in 16:9 mode, may
damage the picture tube. To avoid this, keep the picture
contrast level low.
To obtain a clear picture, do not expose the screen to
direct illumination or direct sunlight. If possible, use spot
lighting directed down from the ceiling.
• To prevent over heating of the set, do not block the
• Do not install the TV in a hot or humid place, or in a place
subject to direct sunlight, excessive dust or mechanical
• After transporting the TV directly from a cold to a warm
location, or if the room temperature has changed
suddenly, pictures may be blurred or show poor colour
over portions of the picture. This is because moisture has
condensed on the mirrors or lenses inside the TV. Let the
moisture evaporate before using the TV.
• Save the original shipping carton and packing material to
use if you ever have to ship your TV. For maximum
protection, repack your TV as it was originally packed at
• To keep the cabinet looking brand-new, periodically clean
it with a soft cloth. Stubborn stains may be removed with a
cloth slightly dampened with a mild detergent solution.
Never use strong solvents such as thinner or benzene, or
abrasive cleaners since these will damage the cabinet. As
a safety precaution, unplug the TV before cleaning it.
• If the picture turns dark after the TV has been in use for a
long period of time, it may be necessary to clean the
inside of the TV. Consult qualified service personnel for