HYDROSTATIC LAWNMOWER FD 300 - 700
Thank you for having purchased our Grillo FD 300 - 700 we are confident that this machine will fully satisfy all your
To use and maintain the mower at its best, we urge you to read and observe carefully the directions given in this
handbook; this will ensure the best possible results and will also safeguard your investment.
Please keep this handbook in a safe place. It should accompany the machine throughout its working life.
CAUTION! Read carefully before turning the motor on. The following warnings are
important for operator safety!
Caution is the main safeguard in preventing accidents!
We urge you to read the warnings that follow when using the mower, before starting any work at all.
Improper use of the mower and its equipment can be dangerous; to reduce the risks to the minimum, observe the
necessary precautions set out below:
1) Read the whole of this manual before turning on and using the mower for the first time.
2) Pay particular attention to the warnings and safety labels set out around the mower.
3) The mower blade is very dangerous when rotating, never allow hands or feet underneath the cutting deck.
4) Before allowing others to use the machine, make sure they are aware of the safety precautions and how it is
5) Before turning on the machine, make sure there are no persons around it; especially small children.
6) Before driving the machine in reverse, make sure there are no persons or obstacles in the way.
7) Do not allow passengers to ride on the machine.
8) Do not operate the machine when tired or after drinking alcohol.
9) Check the condition of the ground before mowing. Make sure there are no stones, sticks or other objects, which
could be run over and become a danger when projected.
10) Before starting work, always change into suitable working clothes, gloves, boots and goggles.
11) Before getting off the mower, turn off the motor, disengage the PTO, remove the ignition key and lower the
cutting deck to its down position.
12) Always drive slowly along uneven paths.
13) Keep the speed down when driving down slopes.
14) Do not allow underage children to operate it; use is prohibited to children under 16 years old.
15) Do not drive in reverse at high speed.
16) It is dangerous to operate the steering levers abruptly with the motor at full power.
17) Do not work the speed presetting lever abruptly.
18) To avoid the emission of toxic gasses, do not run the engine in places with no ventilation.
19) Fill the tank with fuel before starting the engine. Only refuel outdoors, always turn off the engine, keep
away from sparks or naked flames, do not smoke!
Do not remove cap on the fuel tank when the engine is hot.
Always replace the cap on the fuel tank and those on fuel containers properly.
20) Do not allow any fuel spillage and after filling the tank wipe away any spilled fuel before starting the engine.
21) Do not operate the mower near to ditches or verges which could collapse under the weight of the machine,
especially when the surface is loose or wet.
22) Always turn slowly when driving downhill.
23) Do not tamper with the safety devices or disable them.
24) Do not operate the mower over gravel which could become sucked up and drawn into the blade, becoming very
25) If you have children, hide the ignition key after using the machine.
26) Never attempt any repairs, adjustments or cleaning with the engine running.
27) Never allow anyone to check the machine while you are seated at the controls with the engine running.
28) Do not rest heavy loads on the seat, the starter safety device could become disengaged.
29) The user is always liable for any damage caused to third parties.
30) Any improper use whatsoever will invalidate the warranty and exonerate the manufacturer from all responsibility.