FX 20 / Translation of the original instructions
- 11 -
PROBLEM CAUSE REMEDY
Loss in engine performance
Forward speed too high for the
- Reduce speed
- Lift the cutting deck up into a higher position
Engine stops when
blades are engaged
No consent is given for blade
- Check that there are no obstacles on the
cutting device transmission
Cutting deck not parallel with
- Check tyre pressures
- Restore deck parallelism
Blades not cutting correctly
- Check blades are fitted properly
- Sharpen or replace blades
- Adjust PTO belt tension
Forward speed too high for the
grass height and the lawn
- Reduce forward speed
Blades not balanced - Balance blades or replace them if damaged
Vibrations while working
- Check and tighten the screws fastening the
blades, the engine and the chassis
Engine oil light comes on Insufficient pressure
- Check engine oil level and top up if necessary
- Change engine oil filter
CAUTION: If the problems continue after having carried out the operations described in this
manual, contact an Authorized Service Centre. Never attempt to make difficult reparations without
the necessary means and technical knowledge.
IMPACT WITH A STONE OR SOME OTHER FOREIGN OBJECT
1) Stop the machine.
2) Turn off the engine and apply the parking brake.
3) Tilt the cutting device.
4) Check the blade fixing screws and the deck condition.
MECHANICAL PARKING BRAKE
The parking brake device wire (fig. 5, ref. B) has to be adjusted. The brake is activated by opening the
steering levers outwards (fig. 1, no. 1). To release the brake just put the steering levers back into the
Always apply the parking brake when you leave the machine.
The engine keeps running even if the driver leaves the seat, if the parking brake is engaged. If the
parking brake should be hard to apply, you can intervene on the activating wire adjusting the relevant
adjusting screws (fig. 5, ref. B).
The electrical system is protected by fuses which, if blown out, cause the whole electrical system to cut out.
These are located under the driver’s seat by tilting the seat for the machine inspection. There are two main
fuses (fig. 17, ref. B and C): the general fuse with 25 A/h and the one that feeds the services with 15 A/h.
Once the fault has been located and repaired, replace the blown fuse with one of the same rating.
Never replace a fuse with another of a different rating.
If the electrical problems still persist even after having changed the fuses, contact the Authorised Service
Centre. Never attempt to carry out complex repairs without having the necessary means and technical
HOW THE MAIN ELECTRICAL SYSTEM DEVICES WORK
- A safety micro switch detects if the foot rest platform is in the working position (fig. 20, ref. B).
Otherwise the cutting deck does not work.
- On the feed levers there are two micro switches that detect the position and the engagement of the
- Under the driving seat there is a micro switch that senses the driver's presence on the machine.
- The electrovalve that controls the machine's stabilizing mechanism on slopes (fig. 6, ref. C) is situated
behind the right hydrostatic transmission. Under normal working conditions the electrovalve is
illuminated by a red LED. When the machine's stabilizing device intervenes, the red LED goes out.
- On the electromagnetic clutch cable there is a diode that prevents returns of current.
- The control unit (fig. 3) signals when the main devices of the machine are engaged or disengaged.
Furthermore, it stores and indicates the machine's working hours.